Monday, April 22, 2013

NO MORE TRAINING!...Kinda...

 

So finally out of the training phase! Well sort of. My new companion
is Elder B! AND HE IS AWESOME!!!!!! He may not be my trainer but
I am sure that I will still be getting trained, he is incredible! I am
so excited! We are still in XiaoGang and we are going to set high
goals and really go for it! I am so excited to work with him! His
first two steps into the new area he made a miracle happen! He is
clearly a miracle maker and has the spirit with him...AHH I AM SO
EXCITED TO WORK WITH HIM! Plus since we are finished training we are
going to have an extra hour each day...you know what that means? MORE
KNOCKED DOORS, MORE CONTACTS, MORE LESSONS, MORE BAPPTIISSMMMSS!!!!!!
I have 100% faith that the Lord has prepared the hearts of his
children. And they are out there, no matter where you are, there are
people. You just may have to look. And maybe it is someone you have
talked to a million times, but this time, you dig just a little
deeper, and there it is. They are ready to hear the gospel! I know
this is true! So don't be afraid to talk to your friends or refer them
to the missionaries, everybody NEEDS this gospel. So go share it!

image

image

So on a kind of off note...I heard about Boston! It is big news out
here, is everyone from home okay? What is it like back in the US?
Especially in New England....Can you say last days?!
OH SHOUT OUT!!!!!! MY AMAZING BROTHER CHASE!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS ON YOUR
EAGLE!!!!!! THAT IS SO AWESOME MY MAN!!!!!! You are so incredible!
Keep up the hard work! How cool is that, my Greek God brother is now
an Eagle Scout! I told my whole english class about it! I think they
didn't understand cause they thought you were something kinda like the
president of the United States haha...but chabuduo! (difference not
much)! :) You rock my man! Keep preppin for your mission! I'll tell
you what, I wish I had prepared better (I think you will say that no
matter what because there really is ALWAYS more you can do...so do all
you can man!)

image

So what happened this week? A TON! First off it was my first Zone
Conference! It was amazing! Our district got picked to sing in it too,
which was...well actually it went amazing haha. I love seeing all the
missionaries get together and even better is hearing the power of
their voices combined in singing song and praising God. I got so fired
up to go out and work! I love it! We focused a lot on obedience and
the blessing of obedience, as well as a big training on new rules and
new methods of doing things. Over all it was a really great
experience. One thing I pulled away was the importance of being
obedient to the laws of God. When we obey, our "freedoms" may seem to
get less and less, but I promise you , just try it, and watch as all
the sudden life feels so much more open and free! When we choose to
disobey we may think that we are having more freedom, but just watch
as life because dark and dull and you feel trapped. Thats just how it
is. Gods "rules" (if you can even call them that) ultimately bring us
happiness! We also did a 'zone scramble' before the zone conference
which means that we all got assigned random companions to go and work
with. I got assigned to stay in my area with a native named Elder
Chen! It was so much fun! I wasn't too worried about communicating and
everything ended up working out really well so it was great! We talked
and laughed and got a little lost, but no worries! haha. He also knew
some pretty funny camera tricks, I'll send some pics :).

So today before we actually switched companions we had to wait so I
was companions with Elder W. (our awesome Zone leader) for about 5
or so hours. So yes, I got my 5 hours as zone leader :) haha. It was a
lot of fun. We went to the Dream Mall (pretty much the only real mall
in this area of Taiwan). It made me think about America so much haha.
We went to try to go shop for some stuff, but us poor missionaries
just can't do it at a mall haha. Everything was pretty expensive!
Especially cause it was all imported. But it was really cool to see
and go play around there for a bit, especially with someone as cool as
Elder W.

image

image

So other than that nothing really happened...oh wait....other
than...OUR FOUR BAPTISMS!!!!!!!!!! Elder E. and I worked really
hard and finally it all payed off. This XiaoGang area is amazing! I am
telling you...if you look, people are prepared ALL OVER! I love it!
These people are amazing! I love the Lord and I love this work. I am
SO GRATEFUL for the chance I have to be here and serve!
I love you all so much! Don't forget to send letters :) hehe. Love you!
Ge Zhang Lao!!!

Oh and Mom you awesome amazing mother you! I didn't notice in that
most recent letter how you put all the big words together to make a
secret phrase until I was reading and saw that you spelled the word
Fourth, Forth. And I thought...what? Mom? no way....and how the FOR
was the big part....then it clicked :) You are so creative and so
cool! THANK YOU SO MUCH! Your letters keep me going so much! Thank
you!

image

image

I love you all so much! Don't forget to send letters :) hehe. Love you!

Ge Zhang Lao!!!