Monday, September 23, 2013

Blessings DO follow trials

image

 

My new companion came in. THE ONE....THE ONLY...ELDERRRRR CRAPPSSSEEE!!!! Elder Crapse is the man! He is about 6 feet 8 inches...yeah...crazy...he likes to parkour and read and play chess and do athletic things haha. We have a lot of fun together! It is really great!! He is a miracle bringer! He hasn't been out very long and I learn so much from him and get strengthened everyday by is testimony and his example! I love having such a great companion!!! Here is an example of the miracles he brings with him. We are whitewashing as you all know so we don't have too much to do other then go find people to teach, but because of our hard work we are seeing a lot of success. We actually have this investigator named Yang Di Xiong. He is so amazing! He also had a hard time believing in the Book of Mormon and knowing if God existed. But after he came to Taiping Yang Di Xiong, FOUND an old Book of Mormon and decided to read it! After the first 5 pages he had this "crazy amazing feeling" and all the sudden he knew that God existed and that the Book was true! I was like...WHHHATTTT YEAH!!! It was amazing! And thank goodness Elder Crapse came and brought with him miracles! :)

So we were talking in our companionship study and he mentioned about how much time I have left...I got this SUPER sick feeling...I know that I still have over a year but it hit me that time really is flying...I really don't have THAT much time left here and it stinks...I love it here, I love the people and the language and I love helping people find this everlasting happiness! ITS SOOO GOOD!!!

Here is another SWEET story. So yesterday we were tracting (my favorite......not haha) but after we had finished we started walking back to our bikes and we walked past this garage with three guys. And one yelled "hey!!!" (just like everyone does when they see Americans here...) But this time I took it as an opportunity and so I turned around and said "hey!" We walked into this garage and introduced ourselves, asked if we could sit and talk for a sec and they said yes! They offered us beer....ciggs...and some other drugs..so obviously not a good situation haha. But we just sat there and first  chatted and trued to become friends, then started to slowly and boldly share testimony and teach donctrine, At the end of it all they were still drinking but had stopped smoking around us and eating the drug nut (its called beetle nut), and they gave us their address, number and invited us back! It was SO AMAZING!!! Those are things that can and will happen ONLY on a mission! I was so grateful for the amazing blessing!

This week (today) I finally got to play pingpong!!! Thank goodness haha...and yes...I still got it ;) hahaha. We also made brownies for a sister in our district since it was her Birthday last week. It was a lot of fun and the brownies are gonna be SOOOO good!! haha. We might go out bowling later today! :) 

I don't have too much time...

I love you all so much!

Go out this week and read a talk by President Monson...any talk ;) haha HE IS AWESOME!!!

YOU ARE ALL SO GOOD Thank you so much for the support!

-

Ge Sheng Long ZhangLao

image

 

image