Monday, July 22, 2013

Yes...I really am on an island

For those of you who are wondering...yes Taiwan is an island. For
those of you who are wondering where is Taiwan? If you pull out a
microscope you can see it on a globe below Japan! :)...(I learned
today some globes don't even have Taiwan...oh goodness haha) My
companion and I got to bike down to the Beach last P-Day and play
around by the coast! It was a lot of fun!

So questions/comments...then
bad news...then good news..then best news okay? :)

Questions/comments:
~Where the heck is my Cousin Zach? I haven't heard from him in...how
long have I been out?....8months!? :) haha
~It is hard to play the alphabet game here....
~Elder Wong....our fearless zone leader is leaving us and i'm sad
haha. He really is awesome and I wish I had more time to learn from
him but now he is off to bless the lives of other missionaries :)
~I DID eat at a vegetarian restaurant this week...that was an experience haha.

Bad news:
Our baptism got canceled....what!?

Good News:
~Baptism is still on!! :)

Yeah...well the ward thought that having it
on Friday would no be good because some people might not have gotten a
chance to hear about it..from SUNDAY till then...hmm...so they decided
to have it this upcoming Saturday instead. Which I guess is good
because they announced it in church which made Philip feel good :) So
its all good I guess :)

~I may have found a new favorite scripture in Alma! [26:22 Yea, he
that repenteth and exerciseth faith, and bringeth forth good works,
and prayeth continually without ceasing—unto such it is given to know
the mysteries of God; yea, unto such it shall be given to reveal
things which never have been revealed; yea, and it shall be given unto
such to bring thousands of souls to repentance, even as it has been
given unto us to bring these our brethren to repentance.]


Is that not amazing? This is going to lead me into the BEST NEWS
THE SCRIPTURES ARE TRUE! :) I was having a bit of a down moment when I
have across this scripture and I just thought..holy moly...this is
EXACTLY what I need to do because this is EXACTLY what I want to
happen! :) I was just like..." THANK YOU HEAVENLY FATHER!" (That is a
habit I got from my wonderful mom..Thanking God for things that others
would think is just a coincidence or is just a nice random thought :))

There are so many miracles that happen on a mission and throughout
life! The key is realizing how many things really are miracles! :) You
have to be aware that God's hand really is in your life at all times!
I am a little short on time since we had to go help a nice lady (謝姊妹)
Get some stuff for her son today.

I will throw in extra pics to make up for it okay?
I love you all so much! go out this week and find someone..just one
person and do something really nice for them :) Just help them feel
important! :)
-
Ge Sheng Long ZhangLao
葛勝龍長老

 

image

image

image