Wednesday, November 6, 2013

It's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new liiifffee! :)

Shout out to Grammy!! You are remembered all the way out here in beautiful Taiwan :):)

OKAY NOW FOR THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF THIS LETTER!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY GAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are so amazing my brother!!!! I bet you are pretty close to Bigger than Chase now eh? And knowing that you are a super saiyin...you are probably stronger too right!? :)

Oh man! First off, I am sorry that I didn't email on Monday, it was a huge surprise to us too when we got the call on Sunday night saying...hey there is no P-day on Monday so go and do your work, we will be....GOING TO THE TEMPLE ON WEDNESDAY!!

Ofcourse my first reaction was YEAH THE TEMPLE!!! I HAVEN'T BEEN IN ABOUT A WHOLE YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!! CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!! But then the reality set in.....no P-day....and a full day of NOTHING scheduled since we thought it would be a P-day!? Thank goodness for the amazing humility of my amazing companion! We hopped right on our knees and asked God for help and then got right up on the phones and called everyone we new!!! After about 30 min of INTENSE quick calls, we had most of a day set up. Can you say miracle story?! I think soo! We we calm and ready for the next day! I am so glad elder Roberts is so willing to help and to serve and to just Jump in...Infact I made that my new catch phrase.."JUMP IN" I have started saying it all the time. Sometimes we really do just gotta jump in and not be afraid and not turn back!

So anyways the TEMPLE WAS AMAZING!!! About a whole year that I haven't been to that building...let me tell you...it was INCREDIBLE! I can't wait to go back again! I did the whole thing in Chinese which was even cooler! We could choose to do the Chinese or the English. Me and ONE OTHER missionary went Chinese. I was actually really happy to see that I was able to understand and actually participate as well!! It was so much fun! I love this language and this people!! I feel like I am really apart of this people! I can really participate in the culture! It is so amazing and I really am just giving my all to the Lord! :)

Alright I want to do a quick run through of the week. ( I don't have much time since the Temple literally took ALL of our time...) So here it is:

I am going through training with Elder Roberts and I pulled out my old Training book to help him see what I did and stuff...then I realized that I had that book out when I was being trained...I saw where I am now and my heart literally hurt for a second...I don't want to go home...(I mean I do want to be with my family again obviously) But I love it out here...I love being a missionary...I love helping and serving and loving people, inviting them to Christ! I don't want to ever leave this!

Elder Roberts doesn't even have to say a single word to get people to write down their information on cards...

I forgot Halloween was a thing....

I read an amazing article called "marriage is not for you" by Seth Adams...read it! :)

We sang "I stand all amazed" In Comp study and I remembered Mom singing me to sleep with hymns and what an impact that made in my life..MOM YOU ARE THE BEST!!! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!

And Yes dad...OFCOURSE I remember the Dragon stories with me and Tomak and Chase and Balarr....Why do you think I am so manly now ;) haha.

We had interviews last week and it was AMAZING to see Elder Wang again and so incredible to sit down with President again! That man is so busy but also still so full of wisdom! :) I love it!

Can I just say that one of my favorite things about being in Taiwan is making my companion try weird Drinks and foods? :) The best is when I give him something or tell him something and his face drops (but there is still that smile like...are you kidding me...) hahha....oh Taiwan...how I love you.

Shout out to Everyone in 高雄 and one in 桃園!! I love you all!! :)

Okay here is your Invite for the week everyone! Watch the Movie.."Joseph Smith and the Restoration"...I watched it again for the first time in a long time today on the bud ride up to the temple!...IT WAS INCREDIBLE!!!!!!! I Can not and will never deny that I know that Joseph Smith was a Prophet of God! And that because of him we have the Church of Jesus Christ back on the Earth today!

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!

-

Ge Sheng Long ZhangLao

葛勝龍長老