Monday, January 6, 2014

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So with the new year comes miracles, goals, and best of all, clean slates to start getting things going!...kinda like baptism ;)

Well since there aren't many emails in the inbox this week.. (hmmhmhmh *clearing throat ;)*) haha. Atleast I will have a good amount of time to write this email to everyone!

(image from the official Taiwan Taichung Mission Blog)

So funny story...I might have gotten some of my Dad's blood in my veins...why do you say?...I am a prankster at heart hehehe...and when you have a district full of really good friends...every once and awhile...it might come out. Well we have started to every so often hide each others bikes when we have long days at the chapel...Well, it has always been small things like behind a tree or bush...in a large trash can...an elevator...but then...one day; Elder Roberts and I walked out to find only our helmets on the ground. We looked in the normal spots and nothing...then it happened. We looked up. Yup...the bikes were on the roof of the churches storage building!! We were like, "WHAT THE...." haha, it was so good and so funny! I love this district so much!...Stories will come soon of how we upped that one...haha

image

Also Elder Roberts and I have developed this habit of every so often talking like children...it is a weird habit....but it is SOOO FUNNY holy cow. SUCH a good stress relief! Anyways, HILARIOUS story. Elder Roberts had this bag of skittles and it was late at night and he read the bag in this kid voice and on the bag it says "guess what is inside?" and he said in his kid’s voice "...skittles I hope...otherwise I am going to be very upset!" hahahahahaha

image

It might not be as funny over email...but I was DYING laughing for like 15min!! It was SO good, I love Elder Roberts so much! Such a fun and hard working companion! Good Job Mama and Papa Roberts!! ;)

INFACT. AMAZING STORY!!! I feel like the BEST DAY of my WHOLE MISSION was just yesterday, SO I have been trying to talk to everyone I see so that I can help AS MAN PEOPLE as are willing to listen to this AMAZING gospel! And I found this one man names Wu Dixiong. He is so cool and fun. But he said he couldn't meet for a week and would just come to church...so not the BEST set up since it would include about a week of not seeing him and then expecting that he just shows up at church. BUT..miracle...HE CAME! And he was awesome. After Church we sat with him and we had the SMOOTHEST lesson I have ever had my whole training period! Elder Roberts would pick up RIGHT where I left off and continue to teach perfectly and ask AMAZING questions and then I would pick up and then he would and everything was just PERFECT!!! I was so happy! And even better at the beginning of the lesson he said he doesn't believe God exists, and because of Elder Roberts amazing teaching, at the end of the lesson He said his first prayer ever and he said  "Heavenly Father, I am sorry for doubting you...thank you for letting me meet these missionaries, because of their teaching I am starting to believe in you now...." It was SO AMAZING! :) I loved it and was so glad to have Elder Roberts by my side in this lesson!

imageimage

I had the worst dream last night though and I thought I would share it with everyone for the reason of pointing out what the mission means to me and how much I would plead that ANY and EVERY youth go on their mission..I PROMISE YOU nothing could be more important than this and you will NEVER regret going on a mission, but you will eventually or at some point regret not going or quitting. So in my dream I was home and I was so happy to be with my family and to see everyone. At night I started to unpack my stuff back at home and I pulled things out and was remembering the amazing people I have met here and the experiences that I have had and all of the sudden a huge fear struck me so hard and I called for Mom. When she came in I said " Mom I don't think I should be home yet....my mission is not finished...why am I here? I need to be back in Taiwan...I am not finished yet!" At first she questioned me and then after talking for a little I realized that I was home early and I just started crying and crying and saying that I was not finished and shouldn't be home yet. That was pretty much it. Now don't get me wrong I am SO EXCITED to be able to see my family and friends and all that...however I LOVE my mission so much. It has meant so much to me and I don't want to waste a single second out here because one day it will all be over...and I will start crying and miss it. I know without a doubt that this gospel is true and that Jesus IS the Christ and that he has called modern day prophets and has restored his church! I would ask ALL, even long time members to get down on their knees and ask their Heavenly Father the truth of all of this...I love it so much and I love you all so much!

Have an amazing week!!

JUMP IN AND SHINE BRIGHT!!

-

Ge Sheng Long ZhangLao

葛勝龍長老

(Teaching and Role playing during district meeting. Image from the official Taiwan Taichung Mission blog.)