Monday, December 9, 2013

The Phoenix

Who is the Phoenix?...Elder Roberts!! As the superstar Elder Erickson leaves for the promised land, Elder Roberts is prepared to rise from his ashes and be the greatest missionary this mission has ever seen! :)

image

Today we got to go see Elder Erickson, Limponostrong (spelling...), and others for their last time on the Island as a missionary! Whoa....crazy....that is scary. It seems like just yesterday I was being dragged around by Elder Erickson from place to place and I didn't know a single thing I was doing! And  now I am here with the Phoenix in Taiping flying through the streets carried on the wings of angels! :)

This week has been a pretty amazing week! You know...this world really is getting bad and harder and harder to find purpose in. Things are getting...chaotic. And as missionaries I feel that we see some of the darkest of the dark....all we do 24/7 is talk to everyone...but the thing is that as missionaries we also see the lightest of the light! Do you know why? Because all we do....24/7 is talk to people! :) I can say without a doubt that I know that this gospel is true. It changes all who will let it into their lives...it has changed me and it CAN change you. I am continually changing and everyday becoming better! I have changed...I have turned and I am not going back :) I have seen this gospel, the light that Christ shares take the person on the street that is thinking about suicide and has had 20 years of cigarette and drug addiction coupled with heavy alcoholism become a church leader and a man worthy to enter the temple!!

This week we had a sweet party...CHRISTMAS PARTY!!! WHOOHOO!!!! We took people caroling...I was amazed by the number of people that said...NO DO NOT SING TO US...but with the push of some younger kids that desperately wanted to sing...most people would give in and let us sing to them :) So much fun!!

image

image

Other than that we have had a pretty average week! Now the average work for hard working worthy missionaries is FILLED with miracles :)...also filled with rejection...but we can brush that off right? :)

The man whose wife was baptized awhile ago came to church and seems to be doing good...he is still having trouble smoking...but hopefully we can see another miracle and he will lose that desire! :) I know it can happen...

A lot of people moved away today! But this next move-call is going to be a lot of fun! We are going to work until we can't work any more and we are going to help out EVERYONE!!!!!! :)

image

[Shannon here: We asked Elder Gish to send us some pictures of the food he typically eats and then tell us what it is.]

image

image

image

That is chicken heart with other various meats...such as fish that has the eggs still in the belly...yummy....:)

Thank you so much for all of your support...Especially for those letters that I know you are all writing!! :) haha.

Shine Bright! (JUST LIKE WE ARE MEANT TO!)

P.S. if anyone has any other questions or things they want to see...feel free to write and let me know! (No this is not a creative way for me to ask for letters ;)) haha

-

Ge Sheng Long ZhangLao

葛勝龍長老

 

image

image